It’s National Children’s Dental Health Month: What Have You Done?
With National Children’s Dental Health Month underway, what steps have you taken to inform and engage your patients and community about the importance of good oral health?
Here are some tips on what you can do to get the word – and your name – out to patients, prospective patients and the community:
- Volunteer to speak at a local elementary school about the importance of good oral hygiene. Need help? Take your StarSmilez SmileCare personality with you and let him do the “talking.” Children will love playing with the plush puppet and will enjoy brushing his teeth!
- Write a short article about National Children’s Dental Health Month for your local paper. It can be in Q&A format and you can answer the questions most frequently asked by your patients.
- Blog about National Children’s Dental Health Month. You can use the same Q&A article you sent to your local paper.
- Open your office to current and prospective patients during a two-hour open house on a Saturday morning. Have entertainment available, such as a clown, and use your StarSmilez SmileCare plush personalities to engage prospective and current patients during a brushing and flossing demonstration. Have raffles, coupons and other incentives that will help you gather attendee information while engaging the participants.
- Remember to post to Facebook and Twitter to keep your fans engaged. Jokes, fun facts, graphics and short articles are best.
- Offer discounts to patients who make appointments in February.
Need help planning out your NCDHM strategy? Sign up to receive our series of white papers, and we’ll send you detailed information to plan out your entire month.